I hope July has been treating you well, and that you've been staying cool during the nation's heat wave. Today's my birthday! So, thinking about this day in history, I thought I would feature a few other anniversaries today, for reflection.
Today, July 20th, 2013, is:
|photo credit: Denver Post|
Click the links below for some interesting thoughts on Moon Day and the historic moon landing!
- Quarter Million Miles
- Michael Collins, the forgotten astronaut?
- What's next for space travel?
- Moon Landing: Conspiracy Theories: click here for a list!
and Tomorrow is....
--National Ice Cream Day!! To celebrate, here are some ideas:
- Enjoy an icy, creamy treat from the local mom-and-pop ice cream shop or ice-cream truck
- Donate a gift-certificate for an ice-cream treat to a local non-profit organization that helps kids, like the Boys and Girls Club of America, or maybe a local school for special needs students
- Make your own ice cream! Here are some cool recipes
I'll be back next week with some more 'Appy July features, to wrap up this month!
Until next time, Liza